Find out the many ways porcelain veneers can change your smile for the better.
It’s amazing how much cosmetic dentistry can do to completely transform your smile. If you are looking for an easy, non-invasive way to hide dental flaws and get an award-winning smile then it’s time you talked to our Yorba Linda dentist Dr. Richard Hamaty about dental veneers.
These thin porcelain shells are adhered to the front of your teeth to hide dental flaws such as chips and cracks, stains and discolorations, misshapen teeth, small gaps between teeth, and teeth that overlap each other. Veneers are also a great way to change the size or shape of your teeth, which is ideal for those with short or small teeth that look uneven.
Here are some things you should know about getting dental veneers in Yorba Linda:
- You can brush and floss veneers just like you would natural teeth. Because veneers are so resilient and durable you don’t have to worry about damaging them. Just opt for a soft-bristled toothbrush and a non-abrasive toothpaste and your veneers will be fine.
- If you are a teeth grinder or jaw clencher you will want to talk to us about whether dental veneers are the right cosmetic option for you. We can also create a mouthguard to wear during the night to protect your veneers from wear and tear.
- About 0.5 mm of teeth enamel must be removed before porcelain veneers can be applied. Because of this, this procedure is not reversible.
- It usually takes about one week for veneers to be fabricated. During this time we may have you wear temporary veneers to protect your teeth.
- Preparing your teeth prior to applying the veneers won’t often require anesthesia. However, patients with tooth sensitivity or those who are nervous may choose to have anesthesia.
- Veneers are applied to the front of your teeth using a dental resin, which is then hardened with a curing light.
Porcelain veneers are a great long-term solution for hiding common dental imperfections and to easily achieve your dream smile. If veneers sound like the perfect treatment for you then schedule your cosmetic dentistry consultation at our Yorba Linda, CA dental office.